It’s been a rough few weeks here at lizbdotscom. I’ve been everywhere doing everything, yet nowhere doing nothing. All at the same time. So, let me give an update to the few people who keep up with me on my pitiful little piece of cyberspace:
- I’ve been consulting on the side. Yes, cheating on all of you! I am a web/social media/technology consultant. It’s been fun so far, I have some super awesome great clients, and I have been learning so much. I love it. I will at some point launch a website for my consulting company. Right now, I am too busy doing the actual consulting work though.
- I am working with a startup. Those in the inner circle already got my e-mail telling them what I am up to. I will announce more details here, shortly. I promise!
- I went on “vacation”!! I put vacation in quotes because it wasn’t a true vacation, I was so busy! I was in DC, for my dear sorority’s 100 year anniversary celebration. Alpha Kappa Alpha worked it out in DC, ya’ll! This was my second national convention since I was initiated six years ago. It was lovely–the little piece I saw of it. Truthfully, I couldn’t take off enough vacation days to spend the whole time there, and I was in the middle of launching a site into beta while I was away. I did get some time to catch up with some of my prophytes, had a chapter reunion, saw some of my sands I haven’t seen in years, met and hung out with a soror who is an avid reader of VerySmartBrothas (I’ll have to write a post on the experience of meeting your readers). I also spent
somea lot of money on paraphernalia, and had the opportunity to spend some time with the BFF and his main squeeze. I still missed seeing some important people on this first round, but I think I am going to be back in DC in January, so hopefully I can finish the rounds then.
- I snuck a quick trip (24 hours) to NYC while I was on “vacation.” Spent some time with some of my favorite people 🙂 New York loves me, I tell you! I was in BK exiting a restaurant, when I heard somebody call out to me by my government name. Turns out one of my friends I hadn’t seen in years was walking by and saw me. Crazy. I thought he was in LA this whole time, but turns out he had moved to NYC since we lost contact. An iPhone restore gone bad has erased his number from my phone tho! LOL.*sigh*
- Let me not even go there with Apple right now. They deserve an entire entry over this whole new iPhone fiasco.
- I’ve been in a grouchy mood lately, and I realized it’s because I hadn’t heard any new music (I haven’t had time to look in my usual spots). I am back on the bandwagon though. Amanda Blank and The Cool Kids have revived me out of my funk. Check Amanda out on Santogold’s “I’m A Lady,” and take The Cool Kids’ Bake Sale for a spin.
- I recently gave a presentation called Blogging 101 for the local chapter of the NABJ. It was a great experience. Even though I have been blogging here and everywhere for the past five years, when you sit down to articulate your experiences and best practices to a new audience you realize there is an art to this whole blogging thing.
Now that everyone is thoroughly all up in my business, I think I’ll shut up now. New blog tagline courtesy of The Cool Kids.