I remember I used to love to blog. I used to love to write. I still love writing, I just don’t have time for it as much as I used to. Or, let’s say I don’t make time for it as much as I used to. What’s been taking up my time?
I’m not sure I could love my job any more than I already do. It’s the right mix of fun and adventure with just enough challenge to keep me interested and inspired to do better.
Anyway, enough gushing about my job. We’re here to give an info dump on what I’ve been up to, what I am loving and more. So here we go:
- I gave a pretty detailed Q&A interview on Madame Noire about my career, schooling, etc. Go read it here.
- I went to the GRAMMYs for the third time. It was amazing! Read my posts about this past season here. I have pictures somewhere. I may upload them at some point.
- One of the web series I produce, How I Made It, is in its second season (yay!). Check out the new batch of fashionistas here.
- I’ve been flying all over the place. Mostly NYC and LA, but I was in Houston and SFO recently. Going to Utah and Florida soon. I love to travel! Need to get out of this country, though.
- I’m still hiring. I am always hiring, it seems. New jobs. New positions. I’m slow to hire, as I’m always looking for the perfect fit for my team. My team? They’re all awesome, and I love to do work with them. I strive to preserve this about my team.
- I’m producing a documentary. I am working with some great people. I am excited about this. I wish I could tell you more.
Other than that, I’ve been sitting around counting my blessings. Let’s talk about that, shall we? I may not have everyone’s approval in terms of what I do for a living, where I work, how much I work, where I live, how I live my life, who I hang out with, what I do with my time. However. I know this one thing, the most important thing of all: I was created and made to be exactly where I am at this moment in time. And nobody can say or do anything to make me feel any kind of way about it. Nobody. This is not shade I’m serving to anyone in particular. Really. I just need to get this off my chest, and perhaps I needed to type it out so I can keep this at the forefront of my mind in times of doubt. Also, so I can remember who is really in control here.
I don’t know how long this will last, I do not know where it is going. But when you’ve been through a series of events wondering where all of this is going and then you get to a point in your life where it all “fits” like a convoluted masterpiece, you sit back and look at it all and realize, there is no way I could have gotten to Point X, if I hadn’t stopped at Point J first–no matter how miserable Point J seemed at the time–Point J is what I needed in order to get through Point L and whoa, Point X is kind of amazing. This is how I know God is with me, and has been with me the entire time. I’ve been in this special place before, where everything fit like a glove, and it is the most amazing feeling ever. I know it doesn’t last forever because you’ve got to keep moving, keep growing, and growth doesn’t happen in places of comfort. But for now, I’m happy. This season of life is great.
By no means is life perfect right now. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything and honestly, my improved relationship with God the past few years has been the best thing to happen to me. I very much appreciate the legacy of faith my mom and parents have instilled in me. I have no idea where I would be if I hadn’t found Jesus, even though I found Him when I was 6 years old and can barely remember life without Him. I don’t mean to get all preachy (I hate preachy), but I just needed to share this sentiment that is on my heart.
I feel good.