My BFF Panama Jackson and I have submitted a proposal to host a panel at SXSW this year. But in order to make it to the finals, we need YOU to vote for our panel.
What’s our panel about? Glad you asked!
Do you author a blog that has engaged in its fair share of controversy resulting in a lot of negative attention and hateration? If so, you’re not alone. “Hate” is a good problem to have. How you deal with the hate can determine if you sink or swim. Join us for a panel discussion on hateration, how to make the most of it and make it work for you with guests who are no stranger to controversy.
On the low we plan to talk about the following:
- The drama that goes on behind the scenes at VerySmartBrothas.com (yeah you ain’t know about all of that, now did you?)
- A smorgasboard of ways you can go about handling drama on your blog
- Why you should and shouldn’t care about haters
- Why Liz had to call the FBI on one of our haters (and how to track, document, and report illegal behavior coming from a hater)
- And more!
Once we get picked (if we get picked!), we will invite others to join our panel and talk about their experience online.
Sooo. Go vote for us! Please! Voting ends 11:59 CDT on Friday, August 27.
HOW TO VOTE IN 5 STEPS OR LESS:
- Register using this link: SXSW Panel Picker Sign up
- After registering you will get a confirmation e-mail. Click the link in the email.
- Go to our Panel page: Hater Blocking 101 – http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/5815
- Click the thumbs up picture right under the title at the top of the page
- Take a victory lap on behalf of me, Panama, and VerySmartBrothas.com
Thanks for voting and for reading 🙂